To check the list of countries whose citizens need a tourist visa
to enter Brazil: Click here
THE ISSUANCE OR DENIAL OF A VISA IS THE ACT OF A SOVEREIGN STATE.
To apply for the visa, it is necessary to schedule an interview appointment through our website, and attend that day with the following documents:
The Visa Section will not receive visa applications without an appointment. Visas are processed in 3 business days, counted as from the payment of the consular fees.
1) PASSPORT valid for at least 6 months and containing at least 2 blank visa pages (the endorsement pages at the back of the passport do not count as blank pages).
Make sure you sign your passport before bringing it to the Consulate General of Brazil.
2) ONE PHOTOGRAPH 3X4 or 4X4 (updated) front view, full face, taken against a white background. Even if you successfully upload the photo into the online application form, you still need to present a picture on photographic paper.
3) VISA APPLICATION FORM: Print the form or write down the protocol number: https://formulario-mre.serpro.gov.br/sci/pages/web/pacomPasesWebInicial.jsf
ATTENTION: It's mandatory to complete the field: "Contact in Brazil" with address and telephone number in Brazil.
4) PROOF OF TRANSPORT IN AND OUT OF BRAZIL
If case of traveling by car, the owner of the vehicle must write a statement with all the vehicle data and the itinerary.
5) HOTEL OR CRUISE RESERVATION
In case you're staying with a friend or family, you must fill in the application form (field: Contact in Brazil) with contact information.
6) PROOF OF SUFFICIENT FUNDS TO SUPPORT YOURSELF IN BRAZIL
A proof of income of the last 3 (three) months (credit card with bank statement) showing the available credit line compatible with the status of an international tourist, must be presented. In case of not having a credit card, other documents proving maintenance in Brazil will be analyzed.
7) TOURIST IN ARGENTINA: Must present the entry stamp to Argentina on their passport.
7) RESIDENTS IN ARGENTINA: Must present original and copy of the DNI.
If the passenger is a minor, both parents must be present and bring along original and a copy of the birth certificate and a copy of the parents' passport, plus all the documents detailed before. Both parents must sign the application form of the minor children. The minor's presence is not required. In case of absence of one or both parents, the minor will have to present a travel authorization from their parents or the missing parent, legalized by a Notary or Consular authority.
• The Consulate General of Brazil can ask for additional documents/information if necessary.
• Visa applications with incomplete documentation will not be accepted.
• Documents that were not scanned, will be archived in the Consulate.
• It may be requested proof of employment relationship (employment contract, letter from employer or letter from the institution of study) or other documents.
• US citizens pay a processing fee in return to the rate charged by the USA to Brazilian citizens.
• The consular authority may request the presence of the candidate whenever it deems necessary.
For additional information, send an e-mail to: email@example.com
Click on "Consular Fees" for information on the consular fees.